The alarm woke me up the other day with the hectic panicky remains of my latest dream still flooding my head and this thought so prominately filling my mind, "Don't forget to thank so-and-so (the friend of the cousin of my neighbor) for taking the kids at the last minute and for handling Jacob's brain surgery for me."
WHAT!?!?!
Still very foggy and not quite in the real world I rushed to go look at Jacob's head as I suddenly remember more of the dream, which seemed SO real.
In my dream I was STRESSED and trying to accomplish a lot of things and feeling VERY overwhelmed and needing to get to places to do things/pick up things/drop off things/sign things/go to classes/go to the lab/... and struggling to remember everything and study and ... AAARRRGGGHHH - STRESS - and trying to arrange the kids appointments and include at least SOME fun things for them too in all that. In my dream, which had seemed SO REAL, I'd left the kids with my neighbor (who I know and is very responsible) to play with her kids while I went to the lab to try to take an online test (which turned into one of those "the computer looks huge, I feel very tiny and dumb and I can't remember anything, the test has a couple ga-jillion questions and I don't feel like I have enough time but at the same time it takes forever, and the computer "eats" my test and does a monsterous cruel laugh at me and I slump away from the lab feeling hopeless" kind of dreams) but my neighbor had an emergency so she asked her cousin to take my kids (in real life, I don't know if she even has a cousin in the area) and somehow the kids ended up with her cousin's friend (again, just some fictional dream person to add to the hectic craziness that is my dreams) and Jacob had to get to his brain surgery and she took him and spoke with the surgens, took care of Jacob before and after and then got him back to my neighbor. In the dream I'd been trying to find where my kids had ended up, but they were all already asleep and I didn't even get to read them a bedtime story.
All that rushed into my memory as I looked through Jacob's hair and thankfully found no sign of recent surgery.