We were watching Cosby Show - the episode where Rudy sees a snake in the basement and Cliff and Theo try to catch it but it's too quick for them and they're too jumpy, and Claire acts all calm in front of Rudy but freaks out when the kids aren't there - and Jacob, shaking his head a bit and chuckling at their silliness, says "city people."
Cosby Show Season 3 Episode 1 - Bring 'em Back Alive
Out here in the country with an orchard to play in and Aunt Krissy's garden to help in and no satellite or cable (by choice - remember, there's an orchard to play in) he's had plenty of chances to catch and play with little snakes. Then watch Grandma's DVDs of Cosby Show and see silly "city people" freak out.
guess I'm a complete "city person" when it comes to snakes, but Michael and I caught a small sun spider-wind scorpian the other day with minimal fuss - 'course I didn't know what it was until we had it in a glass jar and could get a close look at it and look it up on the internet, then I freaked when I heard scorpion, but it's just named that and it isn't poisonous. It's not supposed to live here, like the brown recluse spiders, and that brilliantly tropical colored lizard my neighbor found a few years ago, but somehow they are/were here.