Another favorite of ours is Cross Country. It's an individual sport where they get to be on a team. They get to wear a "uniform" (school shirt), ride the bus with their team, cheer for their team mates and be cheered on by their team mates and families. The kids have had great coaches who've encouraged them and made it fun. They practice with their team and play games (and don't realize their still practicing) and best of all, they get worn out in a positive way and they sleep through the night! Some of the kids are really good runners and future Olympians. Some kids just love to GO and be with friends and be a part of something. I love watching them working so hard to improve their time and strength and heart. I cheer for all the kids on the team and get so caught up in cheering them on that I have screamed their names until I'm horse and clapped until my hands cracked and bled. Running has never been my thing but I'm so glad my kids enjoy it. The kids can start in 2nd Grade and since the elementary school is a K-8th, Michael, Nathan and Jessica were all able to be on the team together last year. Jacob is SO excited to be on the team when he's in 2nd Grade.

September 2005

September 2007