Living with and working with children, I hear a lot of interesting and adorable things.
I substitute taught the 3-year-olds at church, the lesson was "I Can Be Obedient," I asked, "does anyone know what it means to obey?" a cute little arm flew up and the child said, "it means, 'GO to your room!'"
while my 3-year-old nephew and 1-year-old niece were visiting - Jack was happily playing with a toy train and I said, "Let's go get Kate and she can plays trains too." Jack's happy face turned a little sad and determined, and he quietly said, "no" So I switched it to, "Let's go get Kate and she can help me do the laundry." "OK" came his quick happy reply.
saying "lastday / nextday" instead of "yesterday / tomorrow"
saying "bumgall" instead of "gumball"
saying "greem" instead of "bring"
saying "maggots" instead of "magnets"
saying "ex-custing" instead of "disgusting"
saying "bok bok" instead of "chicken"
saying "chicken" instead of "kitchen"
saying "shrog rag" instead of "wash rag" (that one was my mixed up word as a kid)
I get so used to hearing and using these mix-up words that I forget sometimes when speaking to adults - for example, ordering sandwiches at a deli - "They want meatball sandwiches with sprinkle cheese, and no orange and no holy cheese and no matoes" (translation - "They want meatball sandwiches with Parmesan cheese, and no Cheddar cheese and no Swiss cheese and no tomatoes")