"the family is the basis of a righteous life, and no other institution can take its place or fulfill its essential functions"
~ Thomas S Monson ~

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas


click on the links below

The Christmas Spirit

Give This Christmas Away

and Happy New Year
We heard about this program on the radio of packing a shoebox with little presents and books and toiletries and stationary and a picture and/or story of Christ's birth and life and His love for everyone. Then the shoeboxes are collected and sent to children for Christmas. The kids started talking about and gathering and getting things to fill shoeboxes but we were too late for this year's shipment, but we'll get them out next time - or to someplace else. Jessica is also working on collecting pillowcases and supplies and making dresses for Little Dresses for Africa.


(my darlings being SOOOO cooporative for holiday pictures)





Aunt Marcia is picking up Jessica (and one of her little cousins) and they are getting all dressed up and going out. Jessica and I have been hunting for a nice dressy warm jacket that would go with Jessica's dress, but we had no luck - Jess is a small womens size or a large girls size, but she's only 9 years old and nothing seemed the right style/color/fit - until I saw a very thick fluffy polar-bear-white very inexpensive super soft blanket and I realized IT was perfect to go with her dress and I made her an old fashioned cloak from it.
Jessica desisned the nice colar and two-layered look and she chose the delicate "snowfakish" silver button. I was going to line the cloak and make a matching purse and make them very professionally but this polar fleece is SO fluffy and thick that it keeps jamming my machine, so I've just had to do it quickly by hand to get it done in time. Have fun girls - thank you Marcia for these special moments for her.

The boys and I are off for one more quick visit to Santa because Jacob needs to clarify something.