I end up with all these fliers, bulletins, newsletters, cards, and emails about upcoming appointments/classes/meetings/games/practices/activities/etc,
plus all the little scraps of paper I've written info on in various degrees of readable writing,
plus all the things I hear about, but I don't have a pencil/paper at the time to write it down, and so I just try to remember (HA!),
and I try to get them all consolidated in one place - my planner - which I'm doing again today and realizing how many things are overlapping -
and the wheels in my head are already turning,
planning out my routes of drop-offs and pick-ups,
planning what we'd need to remember to put in the car that morning because we'll need it that night,
planning shopping lists around the upcoming events - something that doesn't have to be refrigerated for the pot-luck dinner, lunches for field trips, Gatorade and water for track meets, extra snacks for STAR testing, Jess's turn to bring the snack to Primary Girls, protein shakes and soft foods for after dentist appointments, snacks to keep in the car,
planning out (wild guessing) what gas prices are going to be and how to make a tank of gas last as LOOONNNGGG as possible,
making written and mental lists of things needed to be done and of people to email and of questions to ask and get answered,
planning what type of books/videos/articles I (or the kids) will need for upcoming reports and checking online and the library - AND preplanning outlines and roughdrafts for said reports,
planning which outfits/uniforms/costumes need to be clean and ready for which events - AND deciding which can be washed together, and when, and reminding myself to REMEMBER to get up to switch them to the dryer ...
... is there a college degree for this - I should at least be getting some college credit for it, right?
I liked it better (and I got spoiled) when the kids were all still on one campus. We had a nice little triangle of home, church, and school, and most of what we did fit in that triangle, and it was fun to get to do lots of things, and we did them together, we were all at each other's meets and games and performances cheering for each other. We played games or sang silly songs or listened to stories in the car. But we're going to be on 4 campuses next year.