Karate Kid was awesome. Thank you General Mills cereals for a nice Family Night.
It was neat to see it on the big screen with my kids. The original was one of the movies my parents took us to see IN the theater and we loved it and got so wrapped up in the story, and just loved Mr. Miyagi, and cheered at that kick at the end. (I still cheer at scenes like that in movies and clap at the end of really good movies - why don't very many people do that anymore? These days when little kids actually see a live play, they don't even clap then - I think they just look for the remote or other buttons to push)
It's great to recreate some of those treasured family times, and I'm in the parent role now and get to watch the excitement and joy in my kids' faces.
My kids and I are big fans of Jackie Chan's family friendly movies and this movie is definitely a new favorite. I think Jaden Smith was excellent but my kids had an all out debate over whether he or Ralph Macchio did a better acting/karate job as the underdog learning to stand up for himself.